Apple Shimla (Ozone-Washed) - 700 Gms
Apple Shimla (Ozone-Washed) - 700 Gms
Medium Size with Natural marks and bumps
Shimla apples all originate from the same producing region of northern India. Each Shimla orchard produces apples several thousand feet above sea level. The fruit is grown on small plots of land and terraces usually. Like other apple varieties, Shimla apples are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fibre, flavonoids, and antioxidants. Perfect for roasting, poaching and sautéing, Shimla apples can be consumed fresh or sliced.
What makes Apple Shimla special?
- Rich in Vitamin C - 14% of RDA
- Rich in Vitamin B6 - 6% of RDA
- Dietary fiber - 4.4 g
- Apple Shimla helps to prevent Alzheimer's disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Obesity is reduced by eating apple peel.
- Helps reduce signs of ageing and brightens & hydrates skin
Best way to consume:
- Enjoy Apple Shimla as baked, crisps, tarts, pies, crumbles or simply toss it up in your favorite fruit salads
I. All about Ozone:
What is Ozone?
Ozone is a naturally occurring molecule made up of three oxygen atoms. It is formed mainly by sunlight or lightning, which causes an ordinary oxygen molecule (O2) to join with an unstable oxygen atom becoming ozone (O3.)
How does Ozone sanitize your fruits & vegetables?
Ozone is a powerful natural oxidizing agent (1.5 times stronger than Chlorine). On contact with pathogens and microbes that cause illness, Ozone is able to penetrate their cell walls and destroy the cells completely in just seconds.
Is Ozone Safe?
Ozone - Washing is simply using ozone dissolved in water (aqueous ozone). This method is recognized as Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA (USA). Due to its high reactivity, it quickly reverts back to oxygen, leaving no chemical residues. In addition, it contains no chemical additives. It is after all "Mother Nature's Detergent"
What does Ozone Kill?
Ozone washing is particularly effective (99.9% reduction) against the following common pathogens:
- E. COLI: infections especially arise from contaminated produce. Causes food poisoning and is particularly dangerous for young children and older adults as can lead to life-threatening kidney failure.
- Salmonella: Most common cause of food-related illness and severe food poisoning
- Staph A: Can cause serious infections, like blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome, along with common skin infections
- Enterobacter aerogenes: Can cause gastrointestinal infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), skin & respiratory infections, and adult meningitis.
- Klebsiella pneumonia: Can cause severe infections in your lungs, bladder, brain, liver, eyes, blood, and wounds
II. Healthier, fresher and cleaner. How do we do it?
- Healthier: Our farmer partners are chosen based on their deep crop experience, sustainable farming methods and rigid adherence to the use of Non-GMO seeds. This enables us to deliver much healthier produce to you that is just as nature intended
- Fresher: We don't stock. Only after your order is placed do our Farmer Partners harvest. Your tomatoes arrive at our collection centres a few hours later and then go through stringent quality control to ensure only the best are delivered to you. That's how we do Farm to Door in 24 hours which gives you Truly Fresh Tomatoes with a much longer shelf life.
- Cleaner: Only IndusFresh uses the Safest & Strongest method for sanitizing your produce: Ozone - Washing. It is 100% Natural & Eco- Friendly, uses No Chemical Additives and is recognized as GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) by the FDA (USA) for use on Food. Ozone - Wash completely removes surface residues, harmful food pathogens like E.Coli, Salmonella and Staph A. while also significantly reducing pesticide, fungicide and insecticide residues.