Premium Potato (Ozone-Washed) - 1 KG
Premium Potato (Ozone-Washed) - 1 KG
- Farm to Door in 24 hrs: Harvested after ordering
- Ozone - Washed to eliminate food germs & reduce pesticides, fungicides & herbicides
- Non - GMO
- Heart-friendly: Contains heart-healing antioxidant anthocyanins
- Average 3-6 cm in diameter with No Fungus/Shoots/Smuts
- Ambient-Friendly: Store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 to 5 weeks
What makes Potatoes Special?
Rich in Vitamin C - 33% of RDA
Rich in Vitamin B6 - 23% of RDA
Dietary fiber - 1.8 g
- Resistant starch found in potatoes may aid in the reduction of insulin resistance. As a result, blood glucose management may be improved.
- Potatoes are naturally gluten-free, making them a great food for persons with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity
- Vitamin C in potatoes acts as an antioxidant that reduces chronic diseases like heart disease risk, certain types of cancer, diabetes and prevents cell damage
Best way to add Potatoes to your meals:
1. Potatoes can be utilized for boiling, chipping, roasting, and baking.
2. Potatoes are typically boiled as a hearty side dish with spices, cubed and blended into soups, curries, and stews, or cooked and mixed into salads.
3. Potatoes can also be cut as fries, shredded into hash browns and potato cakes, filled and baked, or wedged and roasted for a crisp surface and fluffy interior.
I. All about Ozone:
What is Ozone?
Ozone is a naturally occurring molecule made up of three oxygen atoms. It is formed mainly by sunlight or lightning, which causes an ordinary oxygen molecule (O2) to join with an unstable oxygen atom becoming ozone (O3.)
How does Ozone sanitize your fruits & vegetables?
Ozone is a powerful natural oxidizing agent (1.5 times stronger than Chlorine). On contact with pathogens and microbes that cause illness, Ozone is able to penetrate their cell walls and destroy the cells completely in just seconds.
Is Ozone Safe?
Ozone - Washing is simply using ozone dissolved in water (aqueous ozone). This method is recognized as Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA (USA). Due to its high reactivity, it quickly reverts back to oxygen, leaving no chemical residues. In addition, it contains no chemical additives. It is after all "Mother Nature's Detergent"
What does Ozone Kill?
Ozone washing is particularly effective (99.9% reduction) against the following common pathogens:
- E. COLI: infections especially arise from contaminated produce. Causes food poisoning and is particularly dangerous for young children and older adults as can lead to life-threatening kidney failure.
- Salmonella: Most common cause of food-related illness and severe food poisoning
- Staph A: Can cause serious infections, like blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome, along with common skin infections
- Enterobacter aerogenes: Can cause gastrointestinal infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), skin & respiratory infections, and adult meningitis.
- Klebsiella pneumonia: Can cause severe infections in your lungs, bladder, brain, liver, eyes, blood, and wounds
II. Healthier, fresher, and cleaner. How do we do it?
- Healthier: Our farmer partners are chosen based on their deep crop experience, sustainable farming methods and rigid adherence to the use of Non-GMO seeds. This enables us to deliver much healthier produce to you that is just as nature intended
- Fresher: We don't stock. Only after your order is placed do our Farmer Partners harvest. Your tomatoes arrive at our collection centres a few hours later and then go through stringent quality control to ensure only the best are delivered to you. That's how we do Farm to Door in 24 hours which gives you Truly Fresh Tomatoes with a much longer shelf life.
- Cleaner: Only IndusFresh uses the Safest & Strongest method for sanitizing your produce: Ozone - Washing. It is 100% Natural & Eco- Friendly, uses No Chemical Additives and is recognized as GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) by the FDA (USA) for use on Food. Ozone - Wash completely removes surface residues, harmful food pathogens like E.Coli, Salmonella and Staph A. while also significantly reducing pesticide, fungicide and insecticide residues.