Apple Kashmiri (Ozone-Washed) - 4 Pcs
Apple Kashmiri (Ozone-Washed) - 4 Pcs
Did you know Kashmir has more area involved in apple cultivation than the US (world's 2nd largest producer). Around 70% of apples, consumed in India come from Kashmir. This makes this variety extremely popular. The unique growing conditions in Kashmir impart a certain aroma and flavour contributing to its popularity as well. Nutritionally, like most apples, these are low in calories as well and contain no saturated fats or cholesterol. Apples are also rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, polyphenolics and contain natural tartaric acid that provides the characteristic tart flavour.
What makes Apple Kashmiri special?
- Rich in Vitamin C - 9% of RDA
- Rich in Vitamin B6 - 6% of RDA
- Dietary fiber - 4.6 g
- Apple Kashmiri contains Vitamin C that supports your immune system and produces collagen for healthy skin and wound healing.
- Apple Kashmiri is an healthy alternative for managing weight as it is rich in fiber had has low fat keeping you full for longer periods of time
I. All about Ozone:
What is Ozone?
Ozone is a naturally occurring molecule made up of three oxygen atoms. It is formed mainly by sunlight or lightning, which causes an ordinary oxygen molecule (O2) to join with an unstable oxygen atom becoming ozone (O3.)
How does Ozone sanitize your fruits & vegetables?
Ozone is a powerful natural oxidizing agent (1.5 times stronger than Chlorine). On contact with pathogens and microbes that cause illness, Ozone is able to penetrate their cell walls and destroy the cells completely in just seconds.
Is Ozone Safe?
Ozone - Washing is simply using ozone dissolved in water (aqueous ozone). This method is recognized as Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA (USA). Due to its high reactivity, it quickly reverts back to oxygen, leaving no chemical residues. In addition, it contains no chemical additives. It is after all "Mother Nature's Detergent"
What does Ozone Kill?
Ozone washing is particularly effective (99.9% reduction) against the following common pathogens:
- E. COLI: infections especially arise from contaminated produce. Causes food poisoning and is particularly dangerous for young children and older adults as can lead to life-threatening kidney failure.
- Salmonella: Most common cause of food-related illness and severe food poisoning
- Staph A: Can cause serious infections, like blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome, along with common skin infections
- Enterobacter aerogenes: Can cause gastrointestinal infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), skin & respiratory infections, and adult meningitis.
- Klebsiella pneumonia: Can cause severe infections in your lungs, bladder, brain, liver, eyes, blood, and wounds
II. Healthier, fresher and cleaner. How do we do it?
- Healthier: Our farmer partners are chosen based on their deep crop experience, sustainable farming methods and rigid adherence to the use of Non-GMO seeds. This enables us to deliver much healthier produce to you that is just as nature intended
- Fresher: We don't stock. Only after your order is placed do our Farmer Partners harvest. Your tomatoes arrive at our collection centres a few hours later and then go through stringent quality control to ensure only the best are delivered to you. That's how we do Farm to Door in 24 hours which gives you Truly Fresh Tomatoes with a much longer shelf life.
- Cleaner: Only IndusFresh uses the Safest & Strongest method for sanitizing your produce: Ozone - Washing. It is 100% Natural & Eco- Friendly, uses No Chemical Additives and is recognized as GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) by the FDA (USA) for use on Food. Ozone - Wash completely removes surface residues, harmful food pathogens like E.Coli, Salmonella and Staph A. while also significantly reducing pesticide, fungicide and insecticide residues.